anabolics can be found in both pill and injectable form, with injectable forms being the most common by far. While injectable steroids are indeed the most common, steroid pills have their place in a performance plan, and can be quite exciting. Unlike most injectable steroids, steroid pills are very fast acting, and can bring about results in seemingly record time. In any case, as you may have guessed steroid pills are immensely popular due to their ease of use; however, for the healthy adult male they should be viewed as additions, and not foundational steroids. You've heard the old saying, when you discontinue Anabolic steroid use you will lose all your gains, and this can be true. In many cases, the individual will lose all his gains if his cycle was only comprised of steroid pills; in-fact, we can almost guarantee it. Granted, even with an injectable based cycle you're going to lose some of your gains, but the idea behind a successful cycle is to keep as much of them as possible, and for this purpose, injectable steroids are needed.
The Downside of steroid Pills:
%%Panel.AdCuttingStack%% steroid pills are obviously very easy to use; simply swallow a little pill. Of course, as they can bring about some fast results this makes them highly desired, but there is a downside or a tradeoff. There are eight steroid pills that are used by many performance enhancers on a regular basis, and of these eight, six belong to the C17-alpha alkylated (C17-aa) family. The C17-aa nature refers to a structural change of the hormone at the 17th carbon position, and is necessary to the hormones survival. Without this structural change, the majority of the hormone would be destroyed by the liver, and render itself useless to the body. Through this structural change, the hormone is enabled to survive the first pass through the liver and be used by the body, but it also causes the hormone to be toxic to the liver.
Without the C17-aa nature, most oral steroid pills would be useless, but the obvious question is while they carry a toxic nature, how toxic is it? Different steroid pills carry varying levels of toxicity, for example, Halotestin is the most toxic of all C17-aa steroids, while Anavar is very mild. Of course, total dosing and duration of use will play a role, but on a per pill basis, most steroid pills are not as damaging to the liver as excessive alcohol consumption, and not nearly as toxic as many over the counter medications. Even so, unlike most over the counter medications, because steroid pills are taken every day when they are being used this presents a higher level of toxicity to the liver. When you steroid with oral steroids, your liver enzyme levels will increase, and this is assured. However, for the healthy adult male who does not add any additional stress to his liver, who lives a healthy lifestyle and steroids responsibly, once use is discontinued his enzyme levels will return to normal. The liver has remarkable rejuvenating capabilities, and with responsible use, permanent damage can in most all cases be avoided.
The Big 8:
As discussed above, there are eight commonly used steroid pills among performance enhancers; while there are other pills that can be found, a specific eight make up the strong majority. Below we have listed the big eight and discussed each in-terms of what to expect with any additional, useful notes:
• Anadrol – Oxymetholone: perfect for adding mass in an off-season cycle, and will increase strength as well, but mass remains primary. One of the more toxic steroid pills, Anadrol should only be used for 4 weeks by most men, with 6 weeks being the max. Most men will find 50mg per day to be all they ever need, with 100mg per day being the maximum dose for hardcore performers. Unlike most oral steroids, Anadrol has a sharp falloff point, meaning doses above 100mg will not yield results much greater than 100mg, but will only have a larger negative effect on the liver. Beyond bulking, Anadrol can be very useful to the competitive bodybuilder at the end of his contest prep. Such use will enable the individual to really fill out, but should only be attempted if the individual has used the hormone before, and knows how to combat possible water retention.
• Anavar – Oxandrolone: without a doubt, Anavar is the single greatest Anabolic steroid for women, as it is normally very well-tolerated. Perfect for a leaning out phase, Anavar will preserve lean tissue when calories are restricted, enhance conditioning, and simply provide a more pleasing look. For the female athlete, it can also be perfect for off-season gains, but the cutting period remains the best. Most women will find 10mg per day, for 6-8 weeks to be all they need, with 20mg per day being the maximum in more advanced users. In any case, while very well-tolerated, if negative reactions occur use must be discontinued immediately. For the male athlete, the same can be said of Anavar regarding a cutting cycle, but his dose will need to fall in the 50mg-80mg per day range. For the off-season male, Anavar will prove to be almost useless.
• Dianabol – Methandrostenolone: The first oral steroid pill ever made, and the second Anabolic steroid ever created, Dianabol is perhaps the most famous steroid pill of all time. Without question, Dianabol is one of the best off-season bulking steroids of all time, with mass and strength both being intrinsic to its nature. Perfect for kick starting a bulking cycle, Dianabol can also be used mid-cycle as a means of busting through plateaus. In any case, 6 weeks of use is generally recommended, with 20mg per day being perfect for beginners, and 50mg per day being perfect for the more advanced. We can go above 50mg per day and even reach levels of 100mg per day, but most will find this pointless as 50mg will give most anyone all they could ever want or need. As an interesting note, in many circles, Dianabol and Anadrol are often compared as they commonly serve the same purpose in an off-season plan; the point, on a per milligram basis Dianabol is far more powerful than Anadrol.
• Halotestin – Fluoxymesteron: The most toxic oral steroid of all and one of the most powerful, Halotestin is synonymous with strength. When it comes to increasing strength, there is no Anabolic steroid on earth that will do so as rapidly and as dramatically as Halotestin; while it will do absolutely nothing for mass it makes up for it in strength. While strength increasing is primary, Halo, as it is commonly known can be useful to the competitive bodybuilder at the end of his contest prep. To start, it can give him the strength he needs to push through his final weeks of training; as you know, the final weeks of contest training can be beyond brutal. In any case, this will help provide a harder look, and when it comes to bodybuilding, ripped and hard is the name of the game. For most men, 4 weeks of use is as far as it should ever go, with 20mg-40mg per day being our proper dosing range.
• Primobolan - Methenolone-Acetate: of all the steroid pills, Primobolan is one of two that does not belong to the C17-aa family, and as such is almost completely useless. Because it lacks the C17-aa nature, as much as 70-80% of the hormone is destroyed by the liver before the body can ever use it, meaning you will need massive doses to meet your desired end. As this is often a very expensive steroid, it simply makes Primobolan a poor choice in most cases. However, as women do not require a lot, this can be one of the few anabolics they can use safely. Even so, if you are going to steroid with Primobolan, you will find the injectable Primobolan Depot to be a far superior choice.
• Proviron – Mesterolone: when it comes to anabolics, we often think of mass and strength, as well as conditioning, and in many cases, with most steroids we have at least two of the three. This is not the case with Proviron, as this DHT bases steroid is not C17-aa and is largely useless in an Anabolic sense. However, Proviron does have the ability to block aromatase and reduce estrogen, thereby providing a more pleasing look. Further, by its nature Proviron will increase natural testosterone production.
• Turinabol - 4-chlorodehydromethyltestosterone: commonly referred to as Tbol, this is one of the least popular of the big eight, but it can be a very valuable steroid. In many circles, Tbol is often referred to as Dbol lite, and in some ways, this is an accurate comparison; in some ways. Tbol is perfect for athletes looking to boost performance, and a significant strength increasing steroid. Very powerful in its mode of action, Turinabol will produce very little water retention, and can be a welcomed addition to most any cycle. It is not a great mass builder, but with other mass suited steroids, with synergy it can provide some high quality gains.
• Winstrol – Stanozolol: one of the most popular steroid pills of all, and without question one of the best for a cutting cycle. For the male athlete looking to boost performance, this can be a great steroid; a mere 25mg every other day can often be the boost they need, with some being fine with 50mg every other day. For the physique minded, normally 50mg every other day will suffice, with some going as high as 100mg every day, but this should be short lived due to the toxic nature. In any case, with Winstrol the athlete can expect a harder and more defined physique, increased strength and simply greater performance overall. Women can also use these steroid pills, but there will be more who can't when we compare it to Anavar. At any rate, this is a fine addition for the female athlete, with 10mg every other day normally being perfect.