Anabolic androgenic steroids, it is a topic of high debate and one that is often debated on the basis of half-truths and even direct lies. When you think about it, it's certainly no surprise; after all, the topic of steroids holds a lot of emotion for many people. When emotion holds such a strong grip on any subject, it's not uncommon for the truth to be lost, but rest assured there are absolute steroid facts. In many cases, the steroid facts are lost in the whirlwind of emotion; an emotion that is often based on misplaced fear that stems from a hate that holds no foundation.
When it comes to anabolics, there truly is so much to learn and so much to talk about. While this is true, there are also basic steroid facts, undeniable facts that exist in a more general sense, and, unfortunately, most haven't a clue as to what they are. In that light, we want to discuss the basic Anabolic steroid facts today, to present the truth and dispel prevalent myths and lies that have abounded for many decades. There is a prevailing problem, the topic of anabolics comes up, supposed facts are stated, but they are never backed up with truth. If someone says "The sky is purple" they would be expected to prove this statement, but for reasons unknown, anabolics have been given a free pass; that is until today.
The Basic Steroid Facts:
There are three purported truths regarding anabolics that we are all very familiar with, and each one is a flat out lie; don't believe it; well, there's proof. We have listed the three biggest supposed steroid facts below and left you with the absolute truth:
• Claim: Anabolic Androgenic steroids will kill you: False
• Truth: Existing for nearly a century, there has never been a single recorded death directly linked to Anabolic androgenic steroid use. Go ahead, look, look all day long and then the next; you won't find a single case. Of course, many will point to former NFL great Lyle Alzado; Alzado's own doctors have stated time and time again there was no evidence he died due to steroid use; Lyle Alzado died of lymphoma. Others will point to other high profile athletes who at the time of their death had anabolics in their system; not to make light of the situation but if they had a hamburger in their stomach at the time of death does this mean the hamburger killed them? Of course not, but anabolics are often viewed differently. In any case, there is no scientific or medical proof that anabolics can lead to death, and in nearly 100 years, not one recorded instance. If steroids could kill you, there should be at least a few.
• Claim: Anabolic Androgenic steroids will cause uncontrollable rage: False
• Truth: anabolics can have an effect on aggression; they can provide increased or enhanced aggression; this is true. However, anabolics cannot alter one's mind; they cannot take away free will or alter one's decision making process. There's an old example; if you're a jerk without steroids you'll be a more aggressive jerk with steroids. If you're a sane individual without steroids, you'll be the same sane individual with steroids; you'll simply have more aggression for your pursuit. In any case, study after study has shown the effects of anabolics on the mental state of an individual are so small they cannot be measured if they exist at all. No study was as telling as the 1996 study done by the New England Journal of Medicine: The Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone on Muscle Size and Strength in Normal Men.
• Claim: Anabolic Androgenic steroids are foreign substances to the body, no different than recreational drugs: False
• Truth: anabolics are hormones, synthetic hormones. These hormones are largely based on Testosterone and Dihydrotestosterone with Testosterone being primary; two hormones of the androgen class you naturally produce and more importantly essentially so. Once in the body, the body makes no distinguishing difference say between testosterone naturally produced or testosterone provided in exogenous fashion. These are claims recreational drugs cannot make, and more importantly is the total effect. Unlike recreational drugs, anabolics do not alter the mind; they present no ability to cause any mental or physical dependency or any direct action similar to any narcotic.
General Steroid Facts:
While the above clears some basic yet ridiculous myths, the next order of business is to discuss general steroid facts. Again, we have provided a list below with some of the most basic steroid facts on earth that will open your eyes to the truth. With any luck, this will not only dispel even more myths, but peak your interest into a more thorough education; there truly is so much to learn about anabolics, we're merely wetting your whistle. These are the basic steroid facts:
• There are 21 commonly used anabolics, and while some are similar, very similar, each one carries its own unique nature.
• It is often said; muscle gained through Anabolic steroid use will be muscle lost once discontinued. It is true; you cannot keep it all; without the high influx of hormones, your body will not be able to maintain the new growth; however, with proper planning and nutrition a large percentage of the gains can be protected.
• Side-Effects: Like anything you put into your body, anabolics carry possible side-effects; "possible" being the key word. With responsible use, a healthy adult male, the key phrase being "Healthy Adult Male" can steroid without any negative side-effects or reactions. By steroiding with reasonable doses, controlling estrogen and living a healthy lifestyle, there is no reason to incur a single adverse effect or cause any damage in any healthy adult male.
• anabolics are legal in many countries around the world, but in the U.S., they are controlled substances classified as Schedule III drugs. As by this classification, in the U.S. you can only purchase and use anabolics if you have a prescription, and to obtain a prescription you must have a valid medical need; performance enhancement is not considered such a need. Violation of the Anabolic steroid laws of the U.S. is a felony. At the same time, while most countries have steroid laws, a strong portion are much less strict and will allow performance steroidation.
• Should you steroid with Anabolic androgenic steroids? This is not a question we can answer; there are many things to consider such as your current state of health and the law of the land in-which you live. However, the fact of the matter is, this is a choice only you can make.