Street Names for Steroids
As you understand Anabolic androgenic steroids while Scheduled drugs in the Unites States exist outside the realm of recreational drugs contrary to some public perception. For decades many have tried to put these hormones in the same categories as many of the various recreational drugs but try as they may it just doesn’t fit. Those who steroid with anabolics are in most cases your regular everyday people; they work with you, go to church with you, their kids go to school with your kids and they are not individuals with violent criminal records. In the U.S. alone over six-million adults steroid with anabolics for the purpose of performance enhancement and the strong and we do mean strong majority are simply regular people.
Even so, because of the emotional bias towards these hormones is so strong in many, several ridiculous accusations have been made and some of these accusations revolve around the ridiculous street names for steroids labeled by non-Anabolic steroid users. These individuals in an attempt to demonize the hormones have come up with some of the most hysterical sounding street names for steroids that it is beyond laughable and close to insulting. Make no mistake, there are some slang terms and phrases, especially regarding particular products but it’s a far stretch from recreation drugs. As mentioned there is some slang terminology, most notably the term “Juice” but beyond that we’ll find most of the true street names for steroids are simply abbreviated trade names of the actual product name. Let’s take a look and see what we can learn.
Outrageous Street Names for steroids:
These “Street Names for steroids” will not normally be found in the Anabolic steroid using population but generally by those who belong to the anti-steroid crowd; in most cases we’re speaking of those who have little to no understanding of the hormones at all. Granted, there are more than likely some steroid users who use these names but they are few and far between. The only true street names for steroids in a general sense remain “Juice” and “Roids” but if you examine much of the anti-steroid literature you’ll find a handful more. The outrageous street names for steroids include:
Of course you may be asking where we got these names from; these were pulled from U.S. government taxpayer funded websites and they are nothing but outrageously ridiculous. Look at that list again; if you’ve been steroiding with anabolics for any length of time you should find it down right laughable and maybe even a little insulting to your intelligence and general disposition.
True Street Names for steroids:
Roids and Juice remain the only true generic street names for steroids but when it comes to the actual steroids themselves there are some generic slang terms. You’ll find the strong majority of these terms to be based on the actual hormones name, normally a shortened version or a term based on the most common trade name associated with the hormone. We have broken these steroid street names down into two categories, oral and injectable listing the actual hormone name, common trade name associated and any slang term to follow.
Oral Street Names for steroids:
- Fluoxymesterone – Halotestin – Halo
- Methandrostenolone – Dianabol – Dbol
- Methenolone – Primobolan – Primo
- Oxandrolone – Anavar – Var
- Oxymetholone – Anadrol – Drol (sometimes referred to as A-bombs)
- Stanoosolol – Winstrol – Winny
- Boldenone-Undeclynate – Equipoise - EQ
- Drostanolone – Masteron – N/A
- Methenolone – Primobolan Depot – Primo
- Nandrolone-Decanoate – Deca-Durabolin – Deca
- Nandrolone-Phenylpropionate – numerous common trade names – NPP
- Stanozolol – Winstrol Depot – Winny
- Testosterone – N/A - Test
- Trenbolone – N/A – Tren
- Testosterone-Cypionate – N/A - Cyp
- Testosterone-Enanthate – N/A – Test-e
- Testosterone-Propionate – N/A – Test-p or Test-Prop
- Testosterone-Suspension – N/A - Suspension
- Sustanon-250 – N/A – Sust 250
- Omnadren – N/A – Omnadren
- Trenbolone-Acetate – Fina – Tren-a
- Trenbolone-Enanthate – N/A – Tren-e
- Trenbolone- Hexahydrobencylcarbonate – Parabolan – Tren-Hex