In the steroid market there are a few best sellers that always remain at the top; whey protein powder, pre-workout formulas, and of course, the good old fashioned testosterone booster. Unfortunately, when you buy a testosterone booster, in most cases, you'll be very lucky if it increases your testosterone levels to any significant degree. In the late 1990's and early 2000's there were a few sold under the pro-hormone label that was quite effective, but one after another they have fallen under the ban of the steroid Control Act of 2004. This leads us to an important question; can you still find a quality testosterone booster? Fortunately for you, the answer is yes.
Why Buy a Testosterone Booster?
The purpose of a testosterone booster is very straightforward; to provide more of this highly Anabolic androgen to your body. By increasing your levels, by giving your testosterone a "boost", you are able to build more lean tissue, carry a physique with less body-fat and of course, improve every area for which testosterone is responsible. You can take every over the counter steroid on earth, and combined it is highly unlikely they'll do as much for you as simply increasing your total testosterone. Of course, finding a quality testosterone booster has become quite problematic, but we do have options. You could try eating foods with higher, healthy fat content such as lean beef, whole eggs and nuts, and this will make a difference, but not in the true "boosting" sense. Again, we have options for a quality testosterone booster, you can reach your goals, and we'll show you the way.
A True Testosterone Booster:
To boost your testosterone, we have five options; they are not equal in effectiveness, but there are five options nonetheless. No, the traditional over the counter testosterone booster will not find itself on this list, but for those that do we will discuss each one briefly below:
• Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM's) – SERM's such as Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolvadex) and Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) will actively increase your natural testosterone production. By their direct mode of action, SERM's promote the release of the pituitary derived Luteinizing Hormones (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormones (FSH) thereby promoting production. When LH and FSH are released, this signals to the testicles to produce more testosterone.
• Aromatase Inhibitors (AI's) – AI's such as Anastrozole (Arimidex) and Letrozole (Femara) will actively increase your testosterone production largely in the same fashion as SERM's. Unfortunately, AI's will also significantly suppress estrogen levels often to an inappropriate level.
• Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) – hCG is a powerful peptide hormone that can significantly promote natural testosterone production. By its natural mode of action, hCG will provide a mimicking LH effect; perhaps a bit simplistic, for all intense purposes it convinces the testicles LH has been released. This can be an extremely effective testosterone booster; however, it comes with a word of caution. hCG should only be used for short periods of time; you can severely damage your Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (HPTA) causing your body to become reliant on this mimicking LH effect. hCG can be used for short periods of time for this purpose safely, but it must be limited.
• Testerone – Testerone is a total testosterone recovery system that will significantly promote natural testosterone production, and is the only testosterone booster that we can legally obtain without a prescription. Of course, there are other over the counter steroids we can choose, but when it comes to a testosterone booster that actually "boost" significantly this is the best option. Testerone functions by working with your natural androgen production making it far more efficient, thereby leading to a greater natural testosterone production. While calling Testerone a "Testosterone Booster" doesn't quite do it justice, for all intense purposes this is exactly what it does, and it does so with tremendous effectiveness.
• Exogenous Testosterone – Other than Testerone, exogenous testosterone is the best option for our purposes here, and truly the ultimate testosterone booster; unfortunately, to obtain testosterone legally in the U.S. you will need a prescription. At any rate, exogenous testosterone is simply that, pure testosterone, and once in the body, the body makes no distinguishing difference between testosterone provided exogenously or produced naturally. With this in mind, there are four specific modes of delivery to meet this purpose, and we have listed each one in order of effectiveness:
AndroDerm – A transdermal patch you place on the skin, thereby allowing testosterone to absorb into the body.
AndroGel - A transdermal gel you rub on the skin, thereby allowing testosterone to absorb into the body.
Testopel – A subcutaneous implant pellet inserted in the upper hip/glute region that allows testosterone to slowly absorb into the body.
Injectable Testosterone – There are many forms of injectable testosterone available, but in any form this is the ultimate testosterone booster; after all, it's pure testosterone in its raw form. The most common form prescribed in the U.S. is the large ester based Testosterone-Cypionate, with Testosterone-Enanthate, Testosterone-Propionate, Testosterone-Suspension and Sustanon-250 also being available.